We’ve bought a house.
The last four days have lasted approximately 3.7 million years, as my wife and I have done all of the following:
- Closed on the house
- moved in
- gotten most of the utilities turned on
- been informed that the gas (and thereby the heat) can’t be turned on until Monday
- discovered that in this part of the country the first of May is an excellent time for a snowstorm
- spent a few nights at Grandma’s due to said snowstorm in conjunction with lack of heat
- bought a new wireless router
- bought what seems like an absurd amount of food
- planned how to redecorate the house
- replanned how to decorate the house after a few minutes thought revealed the problems with our first plan
- discovered a Trapdoor of Mystery in the floor of the upstairs bedroom
- (I can’t tell you where the Trapdoor of Mystery goes, because then it wouldn’t be a mystery)
- drove all over this town and the next on roads made icy by the snowstorm, and
- slept, but not much.
I’m very tired, and now I’m going to bed.